zondag 16 januari 2011

The remains of ....my kitchen


At the moment, cooking is more of a challenge than it usually is. My bathroom has been converted in a kitchenette, with only the bare necessities. My son and I have dinner in my home office and breakfast in my bedroom.
This is because our kitchen is currently being renovated. Renovations have two sides to them. True, there is the hassle, the dust, the noise and the general inconvenience. But on the upside there is the excitement about something new being achieved, about improvement, about new steps being taken. I quite enjoy having to be resourceful, doing things differently for once and using only the basics.
Moreover, my kitchen really needed work. I was stale, worse for wear and tear, dark, depressing, oppressive. Now...all that is left are debris (see picture).

Out with the old, in with the new.

Geen opmerkingen: